So today I was at Whole*foods trying to find my horrendous full fat yogurt to improve my very fertile less diet.
Let me set the stage here...I don't naturally do well with very heavy diary and have been known to even get stomach aches from Ben*and*Jerrys so when this idea ala "The*Fertility*Diet" came along I was both horrified and intrigued.
EVERYTHING I have ever eaten for years dairy-wise has been lowfat, non fat or fat free. Cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, EVERYTHING.
So for the first time ever I sat in front of the yogurt aisle looking for a full fat item. My heart was beating fast and I was scared of the outcome but I was going to stand there and get my full fat yogurt (insert the Nigella accent here) if it was going to raise my cholesterol and kill me right there. And can I tell you...I looked for 20 whole minutes until I found 3 flavors to choose from.
Have we gotten so fat fearful that there litterally is no market for full natural fat? It's seriously unbelievable...no wonder we are all infertile! Almost everything I picked up was either non-fat or low-fat...I almost gave in to the low-fat at the last minute but stuck it out. So now, not only do I not fit into the whole "pregnancy" society, my choice of yogurt preference also labels me as an outcast. Sigh. Will it ever end?
Although seriously, Now that I think about it, hopefully this book doesn't take off because there's seriously not enough full fat yogurt to go around here I tell you.
I did eat my vanilla full fat yogurt tonight...with fresh blueberries and blackberries oh and granola, sweetened with honey. And let me tell you it was pretty darn good! So far I haven't been running for the bathroom, so let's just hope.
Oh and on a completely different note I was at Trader*Joes the other day (you would think all I do is eat) and pretty much started shedding tears just after seeing a father interact with his toddler. What is with me????
I seriously just need to focus on the yogurt at this point...
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I too can't think of when I last consumed a full fat dairy product (other than ice cream, which makes me sick too). Ever since reading the Newsweek article, I too have been thinking about making The Big Switch, but still haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Congrats for being gutsier than me :)
Post a Comment