Thursday:
Lucky for me Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful. No surprise hormonal outbursts, no mini meltdowns. And the absolute best...no having to say what I was thankful about at the dinner table. I can't figure out if my MIL was pretending not to remember or if she just didn't. But I was certainly thankful that we didn't have to go around the table and say what we were thankful for.
Although my husband did say that while all the guys were watching a movie later that night in the other room, my FIL did ask the guys what they were thankful for, and my husband said that he was very proud to say that he was thankful for me and that every day of our marriage he is more and more sure that he married the right girl to spend the rest of his life with. And my BILs and my FIL agreed! I was so touched to hear that. So I guess I'm thankful for having such a great family to be married into :)
Friday:
The hubby and I sort of had our own things we wanted to do this day so we parted ways knowing that we would be spending the rest of the weekend together for our mini vacation. I hit the stores at around 8a and leisurely found some great buys...some gifts for me...and some gifts for others. I then went to see a 10a movie "August.Rush" a movie that my husband refused to see because it got a low score with critics. Very rarely do I take in consideration what the critics are saying because usually I'm right about a movie when I see the trailer...and boy was I right about this one. It was truly such a touching movie. The music, the scenery everything was just so beautiful...and of course the story got to me. Thankfully I didn't pull the hubby in to see it with me. He would have been freaked out to see how much the movie made me bawl. I just couldn't help it. I strongly recommend it as a great weepy, lots of tissues type of movie. Or maybe I'm just overly sensitive these days.
The Weekend:
For Thanksgiving day weekend we (or rather I) thought we were very much in need of a mini vacation, so we packed up and went down to San Diego for the weekend to stay at a favorite spa resort hotel. What I really wanted to do was take my mind off of the looming holidays around the corner and the fact that we still weren't pregnant. Not to mention I was dying for this hotel's famous breakfast smoothies and crab cakes (not all in the same sitting of course). All in all it was just as relaxing as I had hoped it to be. And Saturday night as we sat and had some coffee watching the sun set we got to see the most beautiful full moon ever.
I remember thinking if God can create such a beautiful full moon like this why can't he make something as simple as me getting pregnant happen? Then I went into a whole quandary about which is more complex by "God" standards - making a planet? Or making a living human being...and that was the end of that moment. You'll have to take my word, it was a somewhat magical moment.

2 comments:
Thank you for posting this. I was touched. What your husband said re being thankful for you is beautiful, and reading it brought tears to my eyes (Ps comment would probably have been that he was thankful his fantasy football team was in 1st place and that the Pats are 12-0, as of this morning).
Here's to this being the month God focuses on blessing you with the creation of that living human being.
Thanks so much K :)
Post a Comment