Well, I went in for my physical. I felt real confident that I had a grip on this miscarriage thing and felt confident this morning that there would be no break down. And wouldn't you know it of course there was. Literally the second she said..."so what happened here? Last time you came in you had a positive pregnancy." I lost it. In one second flat I lost it...I barely got out that I had miscarried. I just can't handle saying the "M" word I've realized. So now I've cried in front of my boss, my obgyn, my general practitioner and the millions of people on the 134 freeway in rush hour traffic on the way home from work. Well hopefully that's the end of it. As long as someone else doesn't ask about it, I should be good. Thank god I didn't have to tell my optometrist or dentist.
I think I've certainly gotten to the paranoia state about this blood test thing. I had to also get blood taken today because that's what you do with a physical. I was going to wait and just bring both blood lab slips on Wed. But then I thought...what if they get mixed up and the wrong results go to the wrong doctor and things just get prolonged. I hate to say it but my husband works in the medical field and because of this I know exactly how screwed up things can get. As my husband says...never trust anyone, always follow up...the medical field is an imperfect place. So I did my physical blood labs today and I'll pick up my progesterone blood labs at the po box tomorrow and be all set to get blood taken for the progesterone levels on Wed. I even have a half day on Wed. so I triple checked with the lab that they would be there and told them that I will be coming back in.
Let me tell you, if someone told me in my 20s that I would be voluntarily going into have blood drawn 2 days in one week I would have told you that you were crazy. I have always been terrified of having blood drawn and then luckily I was given the family jewel of genetically high cholesterol and had to quickly get over my needle phobia when I had to get it checked monthly.
Anyhow it's on for Wed. here we come little progesterone levels. I dare you to grow high enough...I dare you.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sometimes crying feels good. I've been there.
I am sorry the visit didn't go as well as you had hoped.
Post a Comment