First off thank you for all your wonderful comments on my recent posts. I am truly touched by all of your hopes and wishes. I especially loved Newts. She has a fantastically hilarious take on infertility and if you don't follow her blog Dear Gherkin you really should :) Anyhow, back at the ranch here, we have what seems to be a darker line. What a novel idea. The line gets DARKER as the pregnancy progresses. Hmmm nice touch. Of course, given, I'm not comparing the same type of test. But even mr. sushinut who I showed the stick to (well more like set it next to the anniversary present I got him) said, "Wow, this one looks darker than the rest did." And I'd like to add, the line turned up right after peeing on it. No waiting the 5 minute nonsense. And so we continue to be cautiously optimistic.
I called dr. frozen embryo's office to break the news this morning. They congratulated me. I felt like saying please hold the applause, I'm a repeat miscarrier. But I felt I deserved the congrats. So I didn't say anything. I asked if I could come in for the beta on Thursday with a follow up on Saturday. They said that would be perfect. And then I told them I just needed a refill on my progesterone. Which by the way I need to do a post all on it's own about this stuff. I recall hearing about how ugly this can be taken vaginally and have tried two different kinds. And I think I know the trick to this not making your girlie parts all gooped up. But that's a story for another day.
So to answer someones question yes, I am still on progesterone and medrol and baby aspirin. Only today in all the hooplah I couldn't remember if I took my medrol or not. I was on the fence all day about taking it again or not. For the life of me I can't remember. The days are blurring together. I read up with dr. google and all info says either a) absolutely don't take when pregnant. Which I know is for those not taking it for fertility issues or b) don't double up, because it's a steroid and could cause issues with a overdose. Does anyone know when you are supposed to stop taking this stuff? Maybe it's a good thing I possibly didn't take it this morning. Definitely a question I'm going to ask the doctors office tomorrow.
As for the progesterone the difference this cycle is that dr. back up changed two things with the progesterone this time. 1) He told me to double up 200 mg. a day and 2) start taking it vaginally.
I do have to admit (and I know I might regret saying this...knocking on wood) but dare I say this pregnancy feels different. Even from my first one that I took all the way to almost 3 months. I feel less crampy. Almost to the point that I feel totally normal were it not for the major gas, bloating and tiredness. Which brings me to think...maybe I really don't know what a successful pregnancy feels like. All this time I thought if things were uncomfortable down there it meant something was growing, working, moving. But then things end and that's that. So maybe no pain/no gain is not the motto here. I guess we'll see. Feel free to throw in your 2 cents about your symptoms, if you're currently pregnant. I'd love to obsessively compare.
So, tune in tomorrow for a side by side comparison...I've gone out and bought more tests. Even though I'll get the blood results tomorrow I won't get the second one til Saturday. Or hell maybe Monday because they close early on Saturday. Damn. As of right now...I'm taking it minute by minute...day by day. Thanks again for being there.

8 comments:
I am very happy for you and I am praying for you with my fingers crossed for a sticky one :)
I didn't really feel much of anything going on down there early on and it seems to have stuck. I say take the non-crampiness as a good sign and tentatively celebrate. I hope today's beta is another cause for celebration.
Thanks for the shout-out! I feel like a rock star.
And speaking of rock stars, where do we address the thank-you note to Yoko Ono? I have a really good feeling that her tree has done its job!
Yay! First, happy anniversary. I hope your celebration together was terrific.
Second, wow. I don't want to say the c-word b/c it is tough to c-word someone with RPL during the first trimester but I am very happy and hopeful for you. Take it moment by moment for now. And enjoy each one!
OMG OMG. I am trying so hard not to go overboard, but I am DYING with excitement. I know you can't afford to let it overtake you...you have been though too much. But trust me, I'm filling in the gaps for you. That is simply a gorgeous, gorgeous p. stick. What a wonderful anniversary gift. I am SOOO glad you are doing the progesterone vaginally (getting it right where it is needed). The progesterone reading from the bloodwork when they do the beta won't be too affected by that, I think..remember vaginally it doesn't change the reading much. Anyway, I have everything, everything crossed for you. On the day I tested when I got a positive, I felt slightly light headed and just a tiny, tiny, tiny bit nauseous first thing in the morning. About 5 days later, the light-headedness and tiredness increased..but no more nausea (until week 7). I had a slighly brown/pink tinged CM the day after the positive. My first beta was low (57) b/c I tested it early at 11 DPO...and everyone was worried. But it quadrupled in two days. Ask your doc about the medrol..i have no clue on that, and just one more point of assvice..really, really ask about your progesterone. I was a little confused when they said 12.5 during your last pregnancy was good. I am crossing that it is higher..and if not..that they do whatever in the hell they can to make it higher (can you do shots and suppositories???). OK, I'll shut up now. But please know how much I hope and pray for you. I am so sorry that you can't feel this with unabashed joy. It just isn't fair.
I meant to say, though, that I totally understand your need to be cautious!! I'll calm myself down now. Promise.
Congrtulations!! I am 23 weeks into a pregnancy following 2 m/c's and septum removal. We have a very similar history. I hope this pregnancy is a very great success!
Meredith
Yeah!!!! That is a VERY dark line! I'm so excited for you. It is okay to be excited, right?
Wishing you a very strong beta tomorrow!
Post a Comment