Just 3 more sleeps until my ultra sound (which may end up being moved anyhow because the doctor may need to do surgery that day) and I'm scared to death as to what they will see or not see. I'll be 6 weeks exactly on Friday. Do you think if it was there, it would be late enough to see a heart beat?
And last night...I spotted once...a very light brown. Just a little. Sort of looked like some CM mixed with light brown spotting. And it stopped me in my tracks. Since then I've been on paranoid TP check and have just had one bit more of brown this morning. Since then (crossing fingers, knocking on wood) it hasn't continued. Although I'm thinking that maybe it hasn't had a chance to trickle down because I've jammed so much progesterone up there that it doesn't have a chance to spot more.
I'm wondering if I should call my RE, although I know that there's nothing that can be done this early. I haven't really been cramping at all except for about a week ago at 4 weeks when I noticed that I only cramped at night and usually when I had to pee or right after. I thought this might be a uti so I had a test done last week and sure enough it came out quite strong on the test. I was put on antibiotics immediately and of course they always say the same thing...there's no cause for concern it will not harm the baby. But with my first pregnancy I had the same issue and it was about at the exact time I started taking the antibiotic that the baby's heart stopped beating. Of course now I know it was probably because of the septum but I can't help but compare the two episodes. Even worse what if the loss was due to the UTI? What if I didn't catch this one in time? The first night I started taking my antibiotics I had a terrible stomach ache when ever I moved swiftly or bent over. It was like a stomach ache combined with cramps combined with nausea and fever all at once. And then as soon as I straightened up and relaxed it all disappeared as soon as it came. It scared the crap out of me that first night that I almost woke mr. sushinut to take me to the emergency room. But luckily it subsided. I later looked at the medication and noticed it says to take with a whole glass of water and food, of which I did neither. So I'm hoping that was the reason behind the weird stomach issue that night.
Since then I've really felt completely fine until the stupid spotting last night. I know that some cramping and spotting is completely normal but in my case neither is a good sign in my own situation at least. I don't know if I'll be able to even wait until Friday to find out what's up.
Half the time I think my symptoms aren't strong enough, the other times I'm convinced I have an ectopic. I just want the madness to stop.
As for other symptoms this is pretty much all I've got so far:
- Fatigue - I've been sleeping no less than 9 1/2 hours a night. And if I can sneak it in I'll take a nap too. Yesterday I felt like a complete slug I just couldn't shake my fatigue. Even after a nap I felt like I needed another.
- Loss of appetite - now I'm not saying nausea. I'm just saying I never feel like eating. It's weird. This is totally not me. And if I do eat, I get full extremely quickly. I would say I feel better eating small meals often but even if I eat a small meal I don't really feel like eating again. Which is a real pain in the @ss because I have to eat in order to take my antibiotics. And I keep forgetting to take them with my meals, so I have to eat again when I take them! Ugh. Usually I feel just slightly nausea or loss of appetite first thing in the morning. Which brings me to...
- Increased thirst - it's weird...I won't feel like eating at all but I'll be super super thirsty especially in the morning. But when I drink my water I feel slightly sick to my stomach. Anyone have experience with this? I noticed that when I eat something sour it helps a little. I want to buy some of those Preggy p0ps but am too scared that this pregnancy won't take and that I'll be stuck with something else to remind me of my failure. How ridiculous is that? Preggy Pops are for pregnant women who have viable pregnancies. And no one's confirmed that for me yet.
- Ligament pain: this comes and goes, which also scares the crap out of me since this is the first thing that goes when I lose a pregnancy. Is it weird that I feel this with every pregnancy even before I sometimes test? Very weird.
- Super sensitive smells - I wanted to go for a manicure yesterday but am a little leery since I've had issues with this before. So I tested myself first before going with putting some polish on my nails before I left. The smell was super super strong and felt that it probably wouldn't be good at the salon if it was really affecting me at home. Not to mention I swear I smell broccoli in one of our bathrooms. I'm just saying.

6 comments:
Your symptoms exactly match what I had at ~6 weeks. A few suggestions:
1. I took an antibiotic with one of those drinkable yogurts. Even when I wasn't hungry, I could manage to choke it down, and it definitely did the job of coating the stomach that you're aiming for.
2. I was also constantly thirsty, but fighting off upset stomach after drinking water. (And also craving sour.) I added a splash of lemon juice to my water. Not sure why, but it helped.
Good luck with the ultrasound!
You are seriously cracking me up with your symptoms. I was just telling my boss on Friday that there is a burnt hair somewhere in my bathroom on a day I didn't turn on the blow dryer or curling iron. Weird!
And I can't ever figure out what to eat. Like I'm never hungry for anything specific, but I know I need to eat or I'll get that 'not quite nauseas' feeling.
I think your spotting sounds normal, and so does the uti pain.
I so remember how slooooooooow the weeks before the first u/s were. Your symptoms sound like very strong signs--I had the same stuff as well. Hang in there, and I'm holding my breath with you until Friday. Hope all the sleeping makes the time pass faster!
Wish you all the best with your ultrasound on Friday. I am sure everything is going to be fine.
Like Newt said, Just Hang in there!
I promise, this is the worst part. I have a few things I wanted to comment on:
If you get very uncomfortable waiting, call the RE now. They can do a scan, and while it will be too early to see a heartbeat, they can check to see that the gestational sac is round and not collapsing and they can probably look for a yolk sac. I had one at 5 w4d. It found it was not as reassuring as I had hoped, but it was something. Even 6 w might be early for a heartbeat, but possible to see one. You might think about going now and then again in 7 w when there is definitely a heartbeat. Just an idea. I know nothing can ease your worry completely.
Second, the antibiotics for the UTI. It is actually GOOD to be on antibiotics in early pregnancy. I had a UTI at the beginning of this one as well and had the same worries. There are some reasearch studies that demonstrate antibiotics help with implantation. And, my OB friend said you don't share anything with your embryo until after about 30 days..so there is no exchange there. This is the body's way of protecting the embryo in the event that the mom doesn't know she even has one. Smoking, drinking, etc....no effect on the little one. I think you should look at the antibiotic as a blessing. It can't hurt..it can only help.
Third, your symptoms seem right on the money. I know this isn't much comfort since you've had the symptoms before. But they sound good to me. I know the spotting is driving your crazy. I will pray that there is no more. YOu simply do not need that stress.
I was terrified when I was in your shoes, and the truth is, nothing anyone says can really make you feel any better. But after staying awake long hours I went to the computer and started writing letters to the baby. For some odd reason it made me feel better. This may be impossible for you to do, but I mention it in case it will help. I"m sorry you have to go through this waiting.
Oh these few days must feel like forever! Hang in there.
I completely get that although spotting can be considered normal in pregnancy, the slightest bit can send us unraveling quickly.
Luckily your symptoms sound great! Keep taking sleep shortcuts, your u/s will be here in no time!
Post a Comment