
And so there they are. It was difficult to get a picture of both of them in a clear manner because one is sort of hiding behind the other. Or at least in a lower part of my uterus. The one on the right dr. frozen embryo calls the shy one. Not because it was any smaller or a less stronger heart beat. Both I were told measuring exactly the same. But the one on the right is sort of located in the back. Both pretty much look like just a mere sushi blip on the radar but when he zoomed in, there were indeed heart beats. I was completely amazed. Especially with the spotting, which has gone on intermittently and still continues and the second major concern, which is the lack of morning sickness. I mean twins normally means puking your brains out doesn't it? Yet I still haven't. I felt a slight increase of nausea yesterday and I have to be super careful of what I eat and how much, but beyond that nothing. And it freaks me out to no end.
Although I do find it unusual that I crave a combination of different food craving that I've craved in different pregnancies. For example my first pregnancy I really thought it was a boy...because all I craved was mac and cheese, comfort food and occasionally some meat. Then the second pregnancy I was plagued with the desire for less heavy foods...I just had to have fatoush salad and babaganosh (sorry I don't know how to spell it, just eat it). This time I was dying for steak on Friday. And today I want the fatoush salad. It's like they've both returned and are dueling over my stomach. Today I sat in front of the fridge for a good minute or two feeling like peanut butter and jelly one minute and a soft pretzel and cheese the next. Of course then the next second I felt nauseated and wanted nothing.
I also find that the gatorade and anything sour helps immensely when it's gets to be too much. Last night while keeping mr. sushinut company at dinner, I could only stomach a few tangerine shrimp, but hauled in the wonton soup and ginger chicken salad (must have been the ginger) and completely attacked the sliced oranges at the end of the dinner. I never eat those! But oh they tasted amazing! *Note to self, sushi nuggets need orange juice.
Which brings me to one thing they both have in common. Which is the most ironic of all....
Neither one likes sushi! Well how in the world can that be! What kind of ungrateful children am I bringing into the world? I went to sushi last weekend (only ate "cooked shrimp and veggie rolls") and to be totally honest it didn't do much for me. It even made me feel nauseated. The little buggers are siding me against my own namesake for crying out loud!
Oh well they may not know any better and besides if I did constantly feel like raw mercury laden fish all the time it might be an issue. So maybe they know better after all.
Well viable or not, I'm picking up some preggy pops for work this week. Although I'm not puking my brains out it's enough to make me feel pretty icky.
On to other more important details of the appt.
I was so incredibly nervous by the time the appt. rolled around in the afternoon that I had only had some fruit during the day because I was so nervous to eat. I had worried myself to the point that I was for sure not pregnant or that it was ectopic. I was freaked about so much that before I went to the appointment I made all sorts of arrangements for the worse. I tried to get as much work done as possible so that I wouldn't need to focus so much when I returned because I knew I wouldn't be in the mood. I put an extra pack of tissues in my jacket pocket, one in my car on the front seat before I parked at the doctor's office and one in my purse. Made sure to bring my sunglasses in so that in case I was in the midst of hysterics I would have some sort of shield for my tears. And a million other things. Anyone who's had bad news in a dr.'s office pretty much knows the drill.
I was the only one in the waiting room when I came in because I was the first appt. after lunch. She brought me in and the nurse said to me "So this is the first ultrasound huh? Very exciting!" I just mumbled "yeah uh huh" thinking why are you so cheery lady? Don't you know?! Today is the day I find out I'm a failure for the 5th time. I feel like I'm a prisoner on death row walking the plank. No, this is not exciting! I knew that the next few minutes were going to change the rest of my life.
And boy was I right...but for all the wrong reasons.
We discussed many things after seeing the heart beats. Like the spotting. I asked why again after seeing the heartbeats and mr. frozen embryo said it was common with twins. I wanted to ask why but there were other questions I had in regards to the measurements so I chose not to continue to badger. He wanted to take me completely off the progesterone, claiming that I clearly am producing my last count of 50+ on my own. And reminded me that anything taken vaginally does not show up on blood tests (I've read this as well) and that there is obviously no need. I counter offered to take it down to half and see how my test results are next week. He was fine with that so I'm down to only 200 mg progesterone a day. And now that we saw heart beats I was to stop my medrol completely. Honestly I was always unsure of exactly why I was taking this but then he told me in my case it was due to my issue with my elevated ANA levels (which in some people means the possibility of lupus but not in my case). People with this issue have problems with blood clotting and I guess the medrol helps this. As does the baby aspirin which I still remain off until my spotting stops completely.
Oh and for those of you with septum issues, you're probably wondering if I asked the #1 question. Are one of the babies near where the septum used to be. The answer (as I assumed would be since there is not a ton of room with two) was yes, unfortunately. It's the shy sushi nugget on the right that is by the septum area. And thus this remains a major concern for me of course. Because the big question in my book is "is it really all gone?" But only time will answer that question.
As for mr. sushinut, he couldn't take the news about the twins and has since left me.
Just kidding! Just checking to see if you're still paying attention this far :) Surprisingly he was extremely calm and happy and joked...well I knew you had two breasts for some reason. He seems surprisingly comfortable with this news and keeping in stride and excited and carefree. Unlike me who is still freaking out over every little thing.
Next ultra sound is in 1 week which is next Friday.

7 comments:
Thanks for sharing the pic! I'm so unbelievably into all the details, and am so happy for the entire sushi family! Great news!
They're beautiful little peanuts!
The cravings and everything else sound really really normal to me. Hope the good news just keeps pouring in!
That is so neat.
As far as the spotting, one of my friends spotted throughout both of her successful pregnancies.
I was off on a backpacking trip and am just catching up.....hooray! Your little ones are sure cute on that image....and two strong heartbeats is a huge hurdle!
I am so psyched for you!
Yay! What a major hurdle. Times two! Thanks for sharing your fantastic news. So very happy for you.
I can't believe you have two heartbeats!!!! That is SO AMAZING. I'm so happy for you. Since all other signs are good the spotting means nothing!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I've heard the miraculous stories of twin pregnancies that were almost completely free of nausea at all.
Good luck!!
Post a Comment