I wasn't going to post tonight even though I have great news mainly because I was so darn tired tonight I went straight to sleep (and still am darn tired) but I just woke with some slightly bad cramps and had to go sit up in my lazy boy.
Anyhow so here's where we are at currently.
Took another HPT this morning and was darker or I guess my goal here now is just as dark. I will post pictures during my next post. Plus, I got a very dark line at the doctor's office (they first give you a urine test) even the nurse said so. And so I got to take that home as a keepsake. Took the beta and they called back and unfortunately because I was in a meeting at the time and didn't answer the phone message they left was "looks good, see you Saturday for the 2nd one". I was going to call back and get exact numbers but decided not to in order to make not make myself crazy. Besides...1 beta doesn't tell you much if it "looks good". The real test is the 2nd. But that made me feel a little better.
I was going along tonight feeling pretty secure until I just woke up at 1a with these crampy nausea feelings. They were pretty uncomfortable to get up and have now scared the hell out of me. So I guess we'll see how things progress tomorrow. At the office they specifically asked me about spotting but not about cramping. So maybe that's the key? I am hoping it's either gas issues or bad chinese food that I had for dinner.
They also said yes absolutely continue taking all meds Progesterone, medrol, and baby aspirin until they tell me to not, which she said is usually the first ultra sound? Or was it after the first trimester? Hmmm whatever it was it sounded pretty far away. I would write these things down but she always answers them when taking blood!
They tested everything included progesterone and didn't say anything about increasing it when they called so it must be okay. But I plan on getting all the hard numbers on Sat.
Oh and even though they are open for only 2 hours on Saturday they will call in the afternoon when blood test results come in, so that I don't have to wait til Monday. Now that's customer service!
More to come later...
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The darker lines and the "looks good" beta are both wonderful news. And I think not getting the raw number was the right call -- if it looks good to them, that's good enough. I too hope the cramps were just gas or bad Chinese food (or anxiety-related from the stress of this whole process).
The cramps could also be Sushibaby settling in for a nice long stay!
Hang in there. Waiting on pins and sharps for great news Saturday!
Here from L&FF to say YAY for a good beta! I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a wonderful doubling number over the weekend....
Newt is right..i've heard of implantation cramping. Hoping that is what it is, and I'm hoping for a good doubling on Saturday!
Here from L&F to let you know that I'm super excited to hear about your positive beta! Hooooray! I'll be anxiously awaiting an update. :) Sending all the positive stick-bean vibes I can muster.
Again, congrats! Lookin good!
Post a Comment