Friday, August 22, 2008

An Heir and a Spare

Two words ... good ultrasound.

I seriously can't believe it. By this afternoon I had talked myself into the worst. But it totally spun me around and was what I least expected.

...And if you haven't guessed already by the title of this post, the grand prize goes to Newt who's been predicting the whole thing right, all along...

Twins.

Not that of course one would be considered a spare if you will. They'd be always be treated equally if they do make it. It's just crazy for me to wrap my head around successfully having 1 child yet two...And now mind you...I know as well as aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of you...twins now...do not necessarily mean twins later. ESPECIALLY, in my uterus. But it's always nice to know that there was once a chance.

We saw two sacs, two yolks, and believe it or not...two heartbeats. Each measuring exactly 6 weeks. And each or so my RE says have equally strong heartbeats....for now.

Of course I have the picture, which I will post later tonight.

I still haven't told mr. sushinut. I'll have to break it to him gently. He's not a man that likes to rush into things...like doubling your family immediately. But I know he'll be beyond happy when he gets over the shock.

Dr. frozen embryo said these look like winners and congratulated me. I was fine until he said that and then I broke down and cried. He and you guys are probably the few that know what it's been like...and how much hope these two embies hold.

More of a detailed update later...

Thank you again for all your prayers and well wishes. They always hold a special place in my heart.

5 comments:

Fiddle1 said...

Oh my dear God!!!!!!!!!I had forgotten about this wonderful possiblility. Have been refreshing all afternoon, and was so happy to see this. I will remain cautiously optimistic for you..after my initial outburst of ecstatic glee!!! You'll have to let us know Sushinut's reaction. I'm sure you are in complete shock. I am very glad to hear of the equal heartbeats and that you saw heartbeats! For now, catch your breath and know that we are all here hoping with you and willing this to be your dream come true.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

No way!!! Two sushinuggets!!! With two heartbeats! That is truly fantastic news. I am sooooo happy for you and Mr. Sushinut.

Sanan said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!
Twins and two heart beats at six weeks - Hooray!
I am so happy and thankful to God for you and Mr. Shushinut.

A said...

I had not even considered this possibility. I bet you were floored.

I'm learning how difficult it is not to analyze every symptom during this first trimester. Thanks for all of your kind words, they help!

Now, go celebrate! This is very exciting news!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you.