Monday, April 14, 2008

Miracle Number 2 1/2

Okay this just in...
Miracle Number 2.5.
I'm calling it 2.5 because this was miracle #1 and my December pregnancy just days prior to my first miscarriage due date would have been miracle #2...but because it never made it I'm calling it a 1/2 a miracle. And thus making this miracle #2.

Mr. Frozen Embryo just called. At first he said he only read the HSG report from Dr. backup and said that the report said things looked better. What??!!! What happened to Cirque S*lei? Air bubbles and left over tissue and such? But my RE hadn't seen the film yet...so he said that he would check things out and call me back. He just called and said he doesn't see any septum. I'm free and clear. (cue the hark singing angels here) I think he must think I'm a freak because I kept telling him that I saw tissue...on the xray...and is he sure that he's looking at the last xray and not the first? (Uh did I really ask that? Fraid so) Yes, of course he says he's looking at the right xray. I then apologize I'm just being pessimistic. Why he asks? There is no reason. He swears that there is no septum and that what I saw is not of any concern for another miscarriage. He says my ute will never be super smooth but that there's no reason anything should have problems sticking now.

I am to call the office as soon as I ovulate to schedule my post 7 day progesterone test.
And he also wants to put me on Medrol. This is all I've found so far on it... "Medrol: A steroid provided daily for four days during the cycle to assist with pre-embryo implantation."
I asked him if it was a pill or an injection and he says it's a pill. Feewwwwwww. I suck at the injecting thing. Now I can't remember when I'm supposed to start taking this before or after ovulating...sounds like prior to? Or maybe just after?

Anyone know anything else on this?

Oh and also start up my baby aspirin and continue taking prenatals. Yeah that's a total joke...my pharmacy I pick those up from still gives me the "she's been picking up these damn things for a year now and never looks any more pregnant. Fatter maybe but not pregnant. What the hell?"
To which I feel like replying, "yes I know, it's irritating ain't it? You should try it on my end. Just take my friggen $16 and shut your pie hole. A woman can dream can't she?"

7 comments:

G$ said...

YAY! That IS great news!!! Man, I hate seeing alternative doctors, I want MY doctor.

I am so happy to hear this. YAY for your ute!

Oh and the prenatals, yah I have been buying those for a long time too. I crack up still, last spring when the pharmacist told me, upon giving me the clo.mid... "Now you know, you might not get pregnant the first time on these" hahaha, if you only knew.

Again, so happy to hear this :)

Newt said...

Oooh, that is a miracle! Congratulations to your uterus.

And I remember being very bitter when my first jar of 200 OTC prenatals ran out and I wasn't pg. That was an unhappy day. I think I'm halfway through the second one, now.

Meg said...

This is really good news. I was so bummed for you this morning when I read about your little septum cotton ball....your doc knows you well and I am sure you are thrilled (scared as fvck) to get started again.

Every Sunday I refill my old lady pill counter for the week and add my pink prenatal to each day's box....each week I do this I get more and more enraged.

Anonymous said...

Great news!!
And btw-my pharmacist is in hysterics every time I go in. I can hear them, "Oh she wants her 435th jar of prenatal AND her 5000th sharps box? Yeah...she'll get pregnant. Hahahaha..." a$$holes.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Yay!! I'm so happy to hear that your actual doc had a different opinion re the non-reappearing septum!! (Though I'm sorry the cruddier news came on your birthday. That part still really sucks.)

And I get my prenatals online so I never have to go to the store. And I got HPTs online too (or made P buy them) for the same reason. Highly recommend it if it's an option.

JJ said...

Hey sushilover....came over from lost and found.
Both my husband and I were on Medrol prior to our IVF cycle. It was given to us as an antibiotic to prevent any bacterial infections prior to retrevial and our doing ICSI...basically keeping us healthy!
Hope this helps--let me know if you have any other questions about it.

Soapchick said...

Medrol is a steroid. It is supposed to help your body not reject the embryos as they implant. My husband and I both took doxycycline which is an antibiotic, but only I took the medrol.