So for all of you on the edge of your seat on the progesterone thing (God I hope not since it's really not that exciting) the answer my RE gave this morning...was orally. I had her (the nurse) perplexed for a minute when I told her what the pharmacist told me and so she put me on hold and (as I imagine went and asked the primo nurse who knows all - seriously who do they ask when they are double checking something? I doubt the doctor!) double checked. She said that this capsule (and really that is all that it is, a clear capsule with powder in it) can be taken orally or vaginally but they recommend orally so that I don't get bacterial or whatever infections, which I had read happens from time to time. I did read as some of you mentioned that it does in fact help more when taken vaginally although will not show on a blood test. I would have brought this up except that I really don't want to get an infection (had one with first miscarriage) and cause further risk to "said" unborn child so I figured I'd go with what they told me, so that I don't get yelled at later.
So now I'm on progesterone, medr*l, baby aspirin, prenatals and a partridge in a pear tree. (Hell I wish my pear tree had a partridge in it.)
Today I still have tender breasts (have had them for awhile now...like since ovulation) and new that as soon as I started taking the progesterone this would mean nothing since it gives you false pregnancy symptoms. They have I noticed, since yesterday, seem bigger than usual although I doubt myself and at any given time in the comfort of my home can be seen holding my jugs in each hand as if I were weighing melons. I almost want to measure myself from day to day to see if I'm just delusional. But seriously they feel "fuller", puffy if you will. Maybe it's retained water. Who knows. Not saying that I am pregnant but maybe it's the steroids?...although when consulting dr. google, he says that there are really no side effects of taking Medr*l. Hmmm the mystery of the large(r) breasts continues.
Yesterday (DPO 7) I had some consistent cramping pretty much throughout the day (implantation? as if). But today nothing or extremely very little. Maybe a touch tonight after dinner but I'm going to chalk that up to just being gassy. A few twinges tonight but nothing major. Today during the day I pretty much felt perfectly normal and so it made me think that possibly nothing happened this cycle. Egg missed sperm, call it day and pack it up for the month I was thinking. Damn it where did I put that bottle of wine? But no, it's only friggen dpo 8 so I have to sit here until (FF.com says dpo 13 ... my ass) at least dpo 10 to start testing. And drug myself up on all these hormones. (Mr. Sushinut is now referring to me as 'chemically enhanced')
I am so going to laugh/cry if I've taken all this crap for nothing.
I'm now off to measure my breasts and have some chocolate ice cream because lord knows I'm not fat enough already. Seriously if I'm not pregnant this month I'm going on the 3 day diet. I'm tired of this weight. And larger breasts just don't cut it for me anymore.
Sigh...My it's going to be a looooooooong week.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad you took the medicine correctly. I agree with you, I wouldn't want an infection.
Hang in there this week. Watch sappy movies that aren't about pregnancy or babies and try as best you can not to worry about it.
I am hoping for you! Good info on the progesterone. Thanks for sharing. Two days and counting...
I'm always saying I'm going to measure my boobs, too, but I never do! I think you should post a daily update, with measurements down to the 1/8 of an inch :)
Enjoy the ice cream. I hope this month is lucky!
Post a Comment