...begged to have dye shot up their tubes on your birthday just for the fun of it?
Uh yeah, me neither.
Okay yes, yes I did. I did volunteer to have dye shot up my tubes on my birthday. But you can bet I'll never do THAT again. Way to really put a damper on the celebration.
All in all it seemed like a good idea when I first thought of it. But after waiting an hour and a 1/2 to actually get in to see the doc, then finally getting in to see the doc and finding out that the good doc was on vacation and I had mr. back up doc, all did not seem so fabulous. Let's just say this experience was no where nearly as painless or easy as the last HSG. Can't a girl get at least some things to go right on her birthday?
As soon as the catheter went in I found myself asking what the f*ck I was thinking when I signed up for this. Well all would be good when I found out that my ute was crystal clear and septum free right?
...right?
Uh yeah, that apparently wasn't in the cards either.
Yup you heard me. Piece o' Septum still occupying residency. Nice. Really really nice. Like 4k nice to be exact. I mean I really feel happy that my RE didn't puncture my uterus or anything by getting too close but this doesn't cut it either.
So there in all it's glory was what looked like a bit of a cotton ball left. At first they thought it might be a gas bubble...so the doc told me to (and get this, while the catheter is in me, and the dye is in me and my legs are spread eagle with my ankles near my crotch) roll to the side.
I must have looked at him like he was nuts because he just said "I know it's not the easiest thing but you've got to roll to the side for a second" What the hell is this Cirque friggen S*leil? Yeah that was super fun.
Anyways later I find out that the reason for that was because gas bubbles move...so they were trying to see if what they thought were septum remnants were possible gas bubbles...but no such luck. Looks like you still have some tissue in there, they said. Fan freakin tastic.
So I'm still waiting to hear the final word from dr. frozen embryo (as my husband says you never know until you hear from the actual RE) but I know what he's going to say...time for another surgery. And another 4k. This just sucks.
I would have posted about this earlier but I've been drowning my sorrows (err rather celebrating yeah that's it) with lots of sushi and martinis, and I've just come up for air this evening.
The only thing I can come up with to throw a positive spin on this is that at least I have more time to lose my non-pregnancy baby fat before I get pregnant again, and hopefully stay pregnant.
And that my friends is the absolute ONLY positive thing about this setback.
Just lovely.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That absolutely sucks. Not exactly the awesome birthday any of us were hoping for for you. I take it the remaining piece is big enough to justify another surgery?
Oh no! Geez, I don't suppose they'd do the follow-up surgery for free, since they missed this the first time? I guess your uterus isn't exactly a broken furnace, is it? Shoot.
Well, happy birthday!
Happy f'in birthday eh?
So they did an HSG to check? Maybe follow up with the actual doc and see about an in office hyst to actually visualize it? I am not trusting of the HSG.
And I still just dont understand why this doctor will not code it as congenital and make it insurance covered. It should NOT be IF.
Hang in there hun.
G
Oh my...I was practically doing back flips during my hsg. I had no idea why, though. I had gas....hmmmm, that's embarrassing!
What a crappy bday. I'm sorry. Tell you husband to buy you a big piece of jewelry to make it up to you! Happy birthday.
Post a Comment