Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh and ANOTHER thing...

Thanks so much for all your wonderfully supportive comments on the mother post. It's actually been sitting in my drafts folder for over a week and after I finally posted it, I thought twice...They are going to think I'm evil, I thought. What type of daughter am I? Aren't you supposed to respect your mother no matter what she's like? But I'm glad I did post because it did make me feel more honest and although I'm sad to see that there are so many other mothers out there like mine I hope my thoughts relieved some stress for others.


I did forget one thing to mention that I wanted to come back and post on.


I don't know how I failed to write about this but she did actually have one comment after moments of silence while we finished up our BBQ pork, when all was said and done...


She said and I quote, "You should have gotten a second opinion. What if nothing was wrong and now he's (meaning my RE) ruined you forever?".


OH NO SHE DI'INT!


oh but yes she did....

yup, she deserved that post alrighty.


Thank you G for commenting how you've also wondered what effects smoking has on an unborn fetus. I guess you never know...I would certainly love if someone did a study on that one...meaning common occurrences between women with septums that had moms who smoked. All that I've been able to find on the topic is that it's been shown that a higher level of irritability throughout the child's life has been found in offspring of mothers who smoked during pregnancy.

Go figure...I always just thought it was my charming bitterness with the world. I knew there was something I could blame her for :)

****************************************************

On another more positive topic...

For anyone who's completely confused where I am on the plan, I am just "testing" the ol utes this cycle and am not trying at all. As a matter of fact I think I was forbidden intercourse whatsoever due to my hysteroscopy during my happy "O" time.

I'm currently on cycle day 25. Ff.com says I ovulated on day 16 (which has been a trend) and so I concur. I'm hoping that I at can make it to a 12 day luteal phase so that I don't have to start worrying about that mess...and go on to start my new cycle on day 29 making for a perfect 28 day cycle this round. Meaning that my HSG may just be scheduled on my birthday next Thursday. Joy.

Dear everyone,
Please no gifts this year, all I want is a nice cup o' dye shot up my tubes. What else would a 37 year old need after all?

ugh.

P.S. oh and I should add that i just figured out today that if all were right in the world I would have a 4 month old about now (from my first pregnancy)...or be about 4 months along with my second. Double Joy.

Hmmm, did I say positive topic? Oh well.

1 comment:

Newt said...

Oh geez. I'm sorry again about your mother. You can be damn sure she's causing your irritability, one way or another.

Hope your LP cooperates. The law of averages says eventually one thing has to go right, doesn't it?

Heal well.