And so...
For those of you still following along (cuz lord knows I wouldn't if I had a choice)...
Here's where we stand as of today...Cycle Day 35, 17 DPO:
This morning...still no sign of AF...what in God's name is she doing?
So I take ANOTHER hpt... at 4a this morning (first morning's urine).
Faint Positive...very faint. So much that if I tried to take a picture it wouldn't come out.
Sound familiar? I think I just did this last friggen month.
So I immediately bolted for my progesterone, medrol and baby aspirin. The prenatals are basically a staple now...no matter what part of a cycle I'm on. But if you recall I've skipped a day or two of the other meds in hopes of enticing dear AF back...and each time she doesn't show, I go back to the meds, spinning my ute in a tizzy of confusion.
ANYHOW, I should really finish this story before everyone gets too excited...because you know this isn't going to end up pretty. We all know that.
So this time I decide I'm hauling butt to the RE's in the a.m. for a beta. Because I'm fed up with all this b.s. and I want to know if I'm really pregnant or not.
Today's beta ...25 ... no...not 250...not 2500...just 25.
17dpo
Progesterone: 12 (well at least something is working).
So my progesterone levels are good...
It's just my baby levels that are the issue.
Fabulous...so what's to blame now? Could just a couple of days of no meds really make it take a dive? How about some of the ice tea I've been consuming thinking that AF is coming...or the 2 diet c*kes that I drank on the 4th of July. Or the heavy box I lifted this week at work. Or the hill I climbed everyday on my vacation to get up and down to the beach each day. Sigh. Whatever... Let me be the first... Miscarriage...by diet c*ke. Why not...I've fallen under every other negative statistic.
Going in for Beta #2 Thursday.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I'm holding on to hope, even if you can't do it yourself.
As you know, the key is doubling time, not the raw number. If you had late implantation, you could very well have a very viable pregnancy with a starting beta of 25. I hope tomorrow brings a nicely doubled number. I'll be thinking of you.
Ack, the roller coaster. Whatever happens, it won't be because of the Diet Coke! Try not to make yourself too crazy in the next two days (impossible, I know).
Just stay sane, and I will hope like hell you get a nice fat number Thursday.
At cycle day 35, that number doesnt seem too bad to me, honestly. Even with OPK's to tell you when you Ovulated, they aren't an exact science. It could have been a few days later (24-48 hours after surge is a big window).
I am holding out hope for you and I think the Diet Coke did nothing but help calm you :)
Hang in there.
Holding out hope for you as well. That number seems totally normal to me, though I understand your reluctance to get your hopes up. Best of luck dealing with your uncertainty!
Popping in from L&F.
I don't want to be one of "those" women and say "well.. I knew someone who had a beta of -450 and was really pregnant with triplets!'... but if it helps at all, I'll share my experience. My beta at 12dpiui was 30. At 14dpiui, it was only 60 - so it had barely doubled. At 20dpiui, it should have been about 480 if it kept doubling exactly every 48 hours. And it was 1100. So it can happen. Hang in there!
Don't roller coasters suck sometimes? I hope that the next beta is better news.
Came over from L&F to wish you luck with your beta tomorrow!!
Baby dust!!
here from lost and found
i am soo hoping that the 2nd beta is a happier number. Sorry for the confusion your body seems to be giving you.
What in the hell is going on?!?! I will be here obsessively checking ion on beta #2 but I am with you dear, I will just silently hope it shoots up tomorrow!
Hoping for you that this number doubles by Thursday, or higher!
I'll be checking back frequently, so keep us posted!
Hoping for you that this number doubles by Thursday, or higher!
I'll be checking back frequently, so keep us posted!
Oh how cruel! Best of luck for the 2nd beta!
Coming over from L&F...
Lots of doubling vibes to you! And don't beat yourself up too bad about the cola, ice tea, or anything.
Good luck!
I am hoping and praying that everythings fine.
You know I got my first faint positive on CD32 and since they don't take any beta here I waited until I was 8w4d for an u/s and then I finally knew that things were fine.
I think you have just ovulated late and hoping hard for a healthy beta on thursday.
Post a Comment