Beta #2: 18
Beta #1: 25
Looks like #4 just didn't make it. They called yesterday afternoon and I just didn't have the heart to post last night. Mr. Sushinut and I weren't surprised, although I secretly hoped that I was one of those mystery low beta normal pregnancies. But no such luck. I was really down yesterday before the beta came in but am better today after speaking with my RE's office.
They knew I wanted to pursue IUI if this didn't work out. I discussed it as they were taking beta #2, as I fought back the tears. But when she called back with the numbers she said that Dr. frozen embryo doesn't recommend to go there quite yet. As she reminded me my problem isn't getting pregnant but staying pregnant. And that 2 out of the 3 months I tried on my own, I got pregnant twice, which are quite good odds. Now that I think of it they are right...(way to spin it to the positive for a repeat miscarrier, I have to give them credit, they're damn good at this).
He wants to try some hormone injections on me on Cycle Day 2 or 3 of this next cycle. And hopefully this will do the trick. I'm just happy that I get to go in for these injections and I don't have to do them myself at home. Since I was at work I didn't have the chance to find out exactly what they were going to inject but maybe estrogen? I'll have to do some research with dr. google.
Although this wasn't the best outcome I feel a little better about hope for the future. And so we are on to the next phase...and this weekend I'll be doing my usual "after losing a pregnancy" routine of: cleaning the house top to bottom, having a little caffeine, going to the gym...and of course last but not least, having some sushi...
Thanks again everyone for your kind posts and good wishes. You guys are the best!
Over...but not out.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Aw donkeyballs, I'm sorry this one didn't stick. I hope the bleeding isn't bad.
When I had m/c #3, I found that staying positive about the plan for what was going to go better next time was a huge help. I'm glad your Dr. is so excellent.
Huge hugs. You and Mr. Sushinut are in my thoughts.
I am sorry. I hope that the injections go well.
Hang in there!
I am sorry. I hope the new plan is a good one.
I'm so sorry about your loss, but also hopeful with you. I always think recurrent miscarriage is WORSE than never getting a BFP. But its not like its a competition. Thinking of you!
I cannot imagine your disappointment and bitterness...you have been through so much, and it is horribly unfair. I am so sorry. I am glad to hear the determination in your post. Many hugs to you.
I am so, so sorry. I hope the new plan proves to be the key to success. Thinking of you.
Coming over from L&F.
I am so very sorry.
Your post struck me, because your experience with your history of losses and RE interaction was so like mine.
My RE gave me the exact same speech, since getting pg has never been a problem for me. The one thing I learned (that if I had to go back again and do a "do-over"), I would have pursued IUI/IVF much sooner. I wasted three years getting pg five times, to fail over and over.... and now as I finally embark on technology that can help me (determine is my egg quality is bad once and for all) I am 40 and in the worst set of statistics.
I wish I'd done it differently at 37.
Just putting that out there as a thought. Again, I am very sorry for your loss.
Also here from L&F...
I'm so, so sorry. {{BIG HUGS}} to you!
Here from L & F. I am so so sorry that you are going through this again. I hope that you find some answers soon that will be helpful. ((hugs))
I am so sorry
Here from Lost and Found.
I am so so sorry. (((((((hugs))))))
I'm so sorry. I know that pain all too well and it hurts every single time it happens....
Post a Comment