Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm Alive! Welcome Sushi Nuggets!

So whenever I've ever thought about what song I would be using in my player when posting my pictures of the sushi nuggets final arrival, I would have NEVER thought it would be a Xanadu song...but when I finally got out of the hospital on Tuesday and was standing in the sun on a warm spring day waiting for mr. Sushi nugget to load all the gear plus them in our car...it just seemed like a natural fit as to what was playing in my mind. If you happen to read blogs with your sound on, enjoy this flashback to the eighties? or was in seventies? Anyhow! ....



So without further delay...here they are!









I seriously can't believe they are here and I'm their mom. Seriously, what kind of craziness is that. The whole time checking into Labor and Delivery and prepping for the c-section I kept thinking to myself...this has got to be better than the D&C experience and it certainly was.


I'll put up a whole post on details later but I just wanted to thank you for all your well wishes. It was probably the most surreal experience I've ever had in the OR. I still keep thinking about it.


On the flip side both nuggets have already grown into their own separate nicknames. So may I present to you:


Sushi nugget girl otherwise known now as "Delicate Flower":





And the Garden Gnome, or the travelocity Gnome as Mr. Sushi nugget calls him:





I have so much to update but will have to do it when I have more time (yeah right!). Just got out of the hospital on Tuesday due to my recovery being a bit slow and because they have/had jaundice. Thankfully those levels have been going down since going home. And since Tuesday as you can imagine it's been just a blur.

Sushi Girl nugget was about 6.5 pounds and sushi boy nugget was almost 7 pounds! Both were 18.5 inches. Everyone including all the doctors were raving about how big they were for twins at 37 weeks. Now I know why I've been so uncomfortable! That's a heavy load there!

Overall the experience was just the most surreal wonderful experience I've ever had. It was so weird to go into the operating room with no babies and then minutes later hear the squeaking sounds of little baby cries. I mean I obviously know they were in there but seriously it just didn't seem real when they came out. I still look at them and feel like this is just a fun week of taking care of someone's kids. It's so strange to know that they are mine forever! I thought I'd never have this chance.


More to come soon!

15 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

Yay!!!! CONGRATS!

G$ said...

YAY!!! Welcome to the world babies!! So glad everyone is ok and healthy!

Rachel said...

Congratulations!

I am happy everything went so well. They are beautiful.

LuckyOnce said...

Yay, yay, yay!! They're adorable, and that IS really big! You're a trooper!! (Is that enough exclamations for you?) Congratulations, and I can't wait to hear more about the flower and the gnome. :)

Fiddle1 said...

Oh! here I am crying, nodding as I totally understand what you are feeling with the surreal quality, hearing their cries, dreaming about the day they arrived, etc. etc. I get it!!! What healthy, beautiful children you have!! Your children!!! Congratulations. I'm so very, very happy for you...what a journey!

A said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Keep the pics comin!

Kim said...

Welcome little nuggets! Congratulations, they are absolutely beautiful!

Newt said...

Oh hooray! They are gorgeous!

Carrie27 said...

They are adorable.

I, too, had big twins.

Anonymous said...

They're just stunning! Thanks for being such an inspriration for me and others who've gone thru the trauma of multiple losses! You keep us all going and hoping for our own happy endings!! HOpefully mine is only 12 short weeks away!
Cyndi

Dr. Grumbles said...

Hi Sushi Nuggets!

Congrats!

Meg said...

They are adorable! I am thrilled they are finally here and yes, you are their mom!

Ms. Planner said...

Good job on the fabulous twins, momma! So pleased to hear that everything went well for you. Yeeeeee!

Those little sushis look so scrumptious.

annacyclopedia said...

I have never been here before, but just popped over from the L&F to say congratulations and you are a hero - those are some big twins! They are completely scrumptious, though, with their beautiful cheeks.

Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Whoa! Those are some big 37 weekers! Good growing little ones!