Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Due Date Day Nuggets!

This should be actually back dated to this last Saturday but who has the time with twins? I was thinking of them on that day and told them happy due date day :) So at least that's something :)

Dear Nuggets,
April 18th was your official due date and although we evicted you 3 weeks early you seem to be doing just fine. At 3 weeks old you already look so big to me and far from your little selves that I remember in the hospital during "Baby Bootcamp". How fast you are growing up already! I relish the late night shifts I have with you so that I can stare into your eyes and kiss your foreheads and sing you what limited lullaby songs I know (so far). You are just what I expected and more..and I love you more and more every minute that goes by.

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy

4 comments:

Meg said...

Happy due date little ones! I love that you spoke about how you continue to reflect how you got to this place in your last post and I love, love love to see that you are a mom.....

Carrie27 said...

I sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star almost every night to my oldest. You think I could have thought of something else.

Ms. Planner said...

Yay! Happy due date sushi nuggests! I love your earlier post about reflecting on your long journey to this place and how it gives you perspective, even during those late nights. Motherhood is tough biz (no matter how grateful you are) so go easy on yourself in the next 8 weeks.

Re: the BG diapers. I personally know one set of twins who use them and ran into another set of twinny parents who were planning to use them. So it can be done. If you want, you can start out small by using them at night.

P.S. I was once so tired that I sang "99 Bottles of Beer on the wall" to Missy. Your choice of tunes is infinitely better. And as a fellow momma music lover, check out Dan Zanes for kids' music that parents can love, too.

LuckyOnce said...

Happy due date! Those midnight shifts get tiring, but it sounds like you have a great attitude.