Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Surfing the Crimson Wave...

So yesterday I had a very very unusual day in regards to my crimson wave, aka AF. Per my RE nurse (by the way my RE is on vacation til 5/20, I guess it's a good thing I didn't get a BFP this month...it would only cause more stress) I was to stop everything except prenatals now that AF came and that's including my aspirin. Now as we all know aspirin causes more bleeding but little was I aware, how much this was.

All yesterday was an extremely heavy AF day and well uh let's just say that by the last few hours of the day at work something happened that NEVER happened to me before. Suddenly I felt a little umm "wet" down there and so I thought I had another "wave" come in since that's how things had been humming along. But how horrified was I when I got to the bathroom and before I even took down my pants I saw that my whole front of my crotch area in my light tan pants were covered with blood! A lot of blood! I wasn't really having any cramps at that point but it was a little scary and quite embarrassing. Luckily I don't think anyone really noticed while I was walking to the restroom since I was wearing (thank God) a sort of blazer jacket but if I hadn't adjusted it correctly and not gotten to the bathroom when I had it could have caused some horrified looks no doubt.

I had no idea really what to do except button up my jacket and haul ass back to my office and stay there until everyone left.

I exited the office as soon as the coast was clear holding a binder in front of me as I swiftly got to my car.

What the hell? Blood was just gushing out of me! It was seriously freaky. Luckily I made it home and changed.

I told mr. sushinut about it and he said that it usually takes about 7 days to wean your body off aspirin to avoid increased bleeding; so basically however long it takes to get pregnant, I'll be surfing this literal crimson wave each time, since I obviously can't stop taking my aspirin until I know for a fact I'm not pregnant and by then AF has shown up. At least now I know to invest in the mother of all super night time control pads for days with long meetings. Geez! By the way Newt at Dear Gherkin came up with an ingenious idea about knicker alerts for when spotting occurs for the pregnant woman...hell this would have come in handy for me yesterday! If anything it might have saved a good pair of work pants.

So just to make all you preggos feel better...my cinco de mayo was not so bien if you know what I mean...there was no margarita(s) for me, which might have been a good thing since my 3 day diet surely would frown upon all those empty calories. But tomorrow is day 3 and so Thursday and Friday I am free and clear! For me...I'll be celebrating Cinco de ocho. Cheers! :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I had a period experience like that once. I ended up just leaving work with a shirt tied around my waist. I didn't even give a good reason, just that I really needed to go home.

In high school I had a friend who had heavy periods, she wore a tampon and a pad. Miserable, but no leakage that way.

And another thing, I know that hopefully next month will be a BFP, but if it isn't, watch your intake of green tea, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and advil. Those are also blood thinners and with the asprin in your blood might be thinning your blood further.

Newt said...

Oh no! I'm so glad you had a blazer and could handle it so gracefully! I don't know what I would have done.

Geez, the things we go through. Hope things calm down now! And you get that margarita after all!

B's Mom said...

That brings back memories...

Once, I had such a heavy AF while at work that I bleed all over the bathroom floor. It was horrible, because all I had was toilet paper to clean it up with. I must have flushed the toilet 30 times, and used 2 rolls of TP. I know my boss must have thought I had the shits or something. It was so embarassing.