I honestly don't know when I became a bully but apparently I have bullied AF to come into town! Whoohoo! Today I started in with the brown (ewww way tmi). Although it's not consistent. My new ovulation gadget says that I have to set it the first day of AF...but do I count brown or do I wait for red? And why is my life full of these pathetic queries? Oh well I need 4 AAA batteries for it anyhow so I'll need to pick those up tomorrow so I guess I'll start tomorrow. I believe that would be day 37. I'll show the witch who's boss now. Hmmm maybe I should try this again...okay how about this... "If I don't have a healthy pregnancy with a LIVE healthy baby next BFP I'm going to kick some MAJOR butt!!!!!!!!". Anyone listening out there? Do you hear that ms. cranky ovary and mr. quiet ovary???? Get your act together because I'm not taking it anymore!!!! I'm telling you...shape up or uh...I'm going to get a nice man with a hell of a lot of med school experience to go in there and do what you can't!!!!
Hmmm I can really get used to this :)
Also in response to some recent postings...
How funny Meg I actually thought you had already bought your do-hickie, that's why I got mine! :) Well I'm glad you are getting one...seriously, it's enough that I have to analyze the darkness of hpt lines if I have to do the opk analysis again I'm going to lose it. My OB recommended it too so I figure what the hell. Glad I'm not the only one on the weight gain thing, although I know part of the problem is that I stopped working out in fear of miscarrying (HA) due to pushing my body too hard. So with this last pregnancy I basically made myself (minus going and coming from work) glue my (rather large at this point) butt to my living room recliner for the entire 5-6 weeks I was pregnant. And look at the success I had there! Lovely. I know you (and a lot of other women) can very much relate to the "to exercise or not to exercise" debacle. Oh and thanks for the advice on the IBprof. I think I'll take the same.
And thanks K for posting about your friend's experience with the hsg. I can really use any info I can get. Let's hope that there isn't and tubal issues in my case. That's all I need at this point. I was sort of wondering about the polyps myself. He didn't mention anything but I was wondering if they could see that maybe with the hsg...well I might bring it up if the tests I've been ordered so far don't bring in any real conclusions.
Oh and Fiddle1 (why don't you have a blog?) thanks for the tip on Ms. Planner's blog. I heart her and she is truly my inspiration. We do have very similar stories and it's always nice to hear someone with a similar story that is doing so well. It's one of the main reasons I decided to include her in my blog roll...not to mention that I'm such a planner myself. I guess we have more in common than just our fertility issues. Let's hope I have as much success as she has had.
Oh and I should mention that the hubster goes in to get his yahoos checked tomorrow. He's been calling it "making a deposit". The test is $500. He says that he's going to tell the people that if all works out, he'll pay them this time but maybe next time they can pay him...if you know what I mean. Ugh. Why do all guys have such a confident attitude in this area? Well for both of our sakes I hope he's right! We'll see how it goes. Just one more test to go after this...the HSG...and if AF truly does hit full force we'll be on our way for that as well.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So I have read the instructions of the monitor and it is confusing the hell out of me. It says to wait for actual flow (which I assume is red) and if it begins to flow during the day (anytime after your decided test window)you are supposed to start the following day as day 1...but isn't that day 2?
What the hell....
I was just thinking the same thing today! Ughhhh...It may be days until I see red...I'm still on brown. But more than spotting...so I'm starting on brown because they say count day one as soon as it's more than spotting. Of course today I didn't get my batteries until around 3p, which totally messes up the stupid testing window. That testing window thing really confuses me...so I have to push the "m" button at a certain time of day to start this thing? God if I can't figure this out how in the world will I ever figure out my injectables if I have to take them!??? (Cursing the fertility gods right now). Do you think I should wait for red?
Not sure, I usually wait for red flow,like a real swipe of TP and it is red..... Which in my case is usually like 3 days of brown spotting and then it picks up.
Yeah, I think you press "m" when you usually have your FMU. Then each day after that you can test anytime 3 hours before or after that time.
great news about your AF! it's one of the few times we are glad to see it..as a sign our body is getting back to its cycles after m/c. I don't think I am cut out for blogging myself, but I do enjoy checking in on 5 or 6 different blogs. I guess I'm one of those lurkers. I think it is that I don't feel like I have a new story to tell...all of you out there are telling my story. Seems like a sad comment, but true. Good luck with the monitor. I'm just getting the hang of charting and not sure I'm ready for one yet.
Meg,
Well I got it started this morning...I'm on red already so I went ahead...we'll see how this works out. I think for the first month I'm going to test it out against some opks just to see how different it is. I have some left over anyhow...these days my bathroom seems more like a pharmacy than an actual bathroom.
Fiddle: I totally understand about the blogging. I lurked a bit too. Well I'm glad that someone can find some interest and relatability (is that a word?) in my blog so I am always happy about visitors! :) I really started to love charting when I signed up with fertility friend.com You might want to look into it... although beware it can certainly turn into a side hobby. :) Good luck!
Post a Comment