Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!

Okay, excuse me if I'm going to swear a lot in this post but WHAT THE HELL?????!!!!

I just received a call right now from my RE's office. He wanted to discuss all my results. So here we have it...

Chromosomes: Normal

All blood tests (from both of us): Normal

Sperm analysis: Normal

HSG: Normal (see previous post) right?....uh hold the phone one second...slightly NOT NORMAL.

WHAT THE &*%$@????

I wanted to ask him if he received the right CD copy...you know the one with fleetwood.mac.

He said that there is an ever so slight dip that could mean there is a very small septum. Again I say.... WHAT????? What happened to the perfect uterus...no septum, no polyps...no blocked tubes???? What the hell????!!!! So I said that to him...that the other doctor said there were no issues. He said he discussed things further with him and he agreed that there is a slight dip but there is no way to tell if there is a septum unless we go in. Oh for crying out loud!!!! What the hell?

I feel totally duped. He'll need to do a Hysteroscopy, to see for sure. If there's a septum he'll snip it...if not nothing will be done. He said normally he wouldn't have issue with something this size but after 2 miscarriages, with no other answers he would recommend getting it done. I remind him about the progesterone low score I had...he says...a pregnancy is not lost at 7.5 weeks due to low progesterone. Ugh. I'm in the same boat as Meg. I feel sort of lame asking him how much this was going to cost but it's what I asked and I was transferred to a nurse. And that was the end of the conversation.

And so I say again...hooray and crap. Well as I said before to Meg (who recently decided to go ahead with the operation) I'd have made the same decision myself...and so I will. They'll be calling me back with the total amount tomorrow and I'll make an appointment. They say it needs to be scheduled right after AF so I'll have to wait one more cycle. Damn damn damn.

Hysteroscopy to make sure you don't miscarry again: $3,500

Successful pregnancy: priceless.

Oh the irony.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Damn. Welcome to my world, although I can imagine you want to turn away and run like hell.

At least your doc will do it next cycle. Mine is making me do 2 months of Lupron to dry up my uterus, the make the surgery go easier.

Man, do I wish you lived close by. We would be sharing a big fat bottle right about now.

Sorry girl.

Sushilover said...

No kidding! I can't wait til you list your questions. I honestly didn't know what to ask my RE. On the up side though I guess it's better than having something majorly wrong. At least there's a way to most likely fix this. My doc didn't mention Lupron at all. Why is it better if your uterus is dried up?

Rachel said...

Yikes! Do you have to pay for that out of pocket? If so, you should find out if they'll give you a cash discount.

I am sorry you are having to go through all of this.

Meg said...

I asked him about it and he said that by taking Lupron, your uterus has very minimal blood flow and your lining is essentially gone so it makes the "look around inside" go very smoothly and any fixing can be done easier as well.

He said it is often done without, just after AF but he prefers to do it this way. He's the boss I guess.