Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us!



Four years ago this morning, my husband and I married at the top of a breath taking bluff overlooking the ocean in Maui, Hawaii. The day was clear and sunny with just a few clouds in the sky with the warm Hawaii breezes just slightly blowing.

I remember wondering, as I listened to the pastor ask us to repeat our vows, what our challenges and joys would be in the years to come. Infertility would certainly not have been at the top of my list. But I can easily say it has been one of the greatest bumps in the road that mr. sushinut and I have weathered together in our marriage.

Although this year there will most likely not be a romantic dinner for two nor a weekend away, I am forever grateful for the reason why not. This year we celebrate as a family...us plus two more little ones that have been in the plans a long time coming.

It's better than any romantic getaway ever! Happy Anniversary Mr. Sushinut! Thank you for being the best husband and dad ever! Here's to many more years!

7 comments:

Newt said...

Happy Anniversary, you crazy kids!

Carrie27 said...

Happy Anniversary in so many ways!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Stopping by from LFCA to wish you a very happy anniversary!

LuckyOnce said...

Happy Anniversary!

Meg said...

Happy Anniversary. What a journey you have had in four years....

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary! What a beautiful couple.

Jim and April said...

Hi! I am new to your site! Recommended by Hiliary! I have had four miscarriages and are trying again one last time, unless God shows/tells us otherwise! Each miscarriage is so hard going through...so we are trying to pull out all stops this time and do everything possible to keep the baby next time we get pregnant hopefully! I would love to hear your story and what you did the cycle you got pregnant and kept the babies! It gives me hope! So far, we are going to do clomid and IVIG (i have high natural killer cells that they say are attacking and killing the baby each time) adn the IVIG is suppose to help with that, baby aspirin and folgard and maybe metformin. I am looking into endometrin now because of Hiliary! Please...any info would be so great! Thanks!