So since my last post I've been doing some intense post pregnancy hair loss research (after all I no longer have infertility to research so I've got to have something to obsess about) and as with infertility I'm sure I've over done things.
I've heard that there may or may not be some vitamins that can help with lacking nutrients in one's diet that could cause increased hair loss. And so like everything infertility-wise I've gone compulsive as well.
This weekend in addition to my usual prenatals, which I'm still taking I've added some biotin (supposedly makes the hair grow) along with some MSM (never heard of this before but apparently when paired with Biotin it's some super growing solution, along with some Vitamin E (for a shiny "coat"), along with some extra iron (supposedly a lack of iron in the diet of some women post pregnancy can really make shedding extreme - and lord knows I've lost my share of blood with the forever on going bleeding for months), and last but not least tossed in some Vitamin C to boot (which supposedly increases growth as well). I held off on the protein and milk thistle (which is supposed to work in conjunction with the protein) but who knows...next week I may be adding that as well.
Too much do you think?
Ummm yeah I figured so...but I'm giving it all I got. I figure either this intense shedding will stop or I'll have the healthiest, glossiest hair (and yes I do mean just one hair) on my head that anyone's ever seen. I'm sure the wig store will be in awe when they see it.
I found all suggestions (and sympathetic messages) a great deal of help. Thank you. And I'll probably go for that super great cut some day. But right now I'm so in fear that if I go to any salon they'll just butcher my hair by combing it and having it all fall out. Right now I comb it ever so gently in hopes that I don't lose as much (which of course does not make for a neat style. For not only is my hair falling out but it's also turned insanely curly and frizzy. I have hair that's a cross between a rat's nest and an Afro ... lovely. I love when I'm pushing along my double stroller with the nuggets because at least people (well most) will think ... oh yes she was just pregnant so she's losing all her hair because of that...but when I'm without them I just look like some woman going bald. I wish I could take them everywhere!
The other plan of attack is to call my ob and beg for some estrogen. Not sure how that exactly works but I've heard that in some cases when the body is trying to correct it's self a hormone deficiency happens and that is why some women lose more hair than others. I read about one woman who had an ob that prescribed estrogen to correct this. So we'll see what my ob says. Hopefully she won't shoot me down.
As I mentioned to A at Infertility Bites I feel like such a heel talking about this trivial matter when there's so many other women out there dealing with much more important matters but I guess that's what a blog is for to post about what ever you're dealing with at the moment.
At least I'm getting a tad more sleep. The nuggets are sleeping between 4-5 hours a shift a night! That's like pure bliss I tell you. I am completely grateful. Now if I can please have my hair back damn it... and I swear I won't complain about a single thing...well not until teething starts at least.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh no! I really hope your hard work and diligence helps...I am sure this will clear up in no time...
Here are to many more rested nights!
Post a Comment