Wednesday, October 15, 2008

13 Weeks 6 Days

So much to comment on...I'll section it off...


National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day: Last night when I came home from work at 7p I lit a candle for my 4 little previous nuggets and all the other lost nuggets out there. I said a silent prayer. There is so much loss that we experience that I just can't fathom how many people are affected. With every day I feel a little closer to having a healthy pregnancy yet my losses are still so etched in my heart and head that I know I will never forget them, and nor do I want to. To all the women out there who are currently not pregnant and grieving over their losses may they soon be blessed with a live healthy pregnancy.

************************************************************************************

On the plus side of things (and I do mean plus size): I'm not surprised that I've been growing in gerth a bit since my nausea has diminished a bit over the recent weeks and I've been found to cram things in my mouth on a constant basis. Last weigh in showed a 5 pound loss since I first started with the pregnancy (nice I couldn't even lose 5 pounds dieting before without being pregnant) which I'm sure I've gained back and more. The problem is my clothes situation. See at work I'm still under operation keep it under wraps. And in my naive grasping for hope pea brain I'm praying that I can get through til my amnio without saying anything to anyone. Fat chance. People are staring ... or so I believe...I mean maybe it's my constant paranoia but I feel the glances towards my middle. Luckily it's frigid cold in my office and building and no one questions when I where a jacket or thick sweater even though it's still in the 90's here in CA. Hello! Can't the "weather" kick in already? I have 3 more weeks approximately until my amnio. Do you think I'll make it? I'll post some pics for you to decide. I'm thinking I'm screwed. Personally I keep telling my close friends that I want to do the "knocked up" thing (movie) and just say "what baby?" even at 9 months. I think that would be hilarious. What would not be hilarious would be having to tell everyone that I'm pregnant and then lose the pregnancy due to the amnio. That would seriously kill me.

************************************************************************************


On the not so bright side of things: I was so happy to see that Ms. Planner came by my blog and reminded me of her experience with genetic testing. I follow her blog closely and forgot completely about that part of her pregnancy. I went back and read some of her posts and found them so comforting and strengthening. Reminding myself the reason why I've always wanted an amnio in the first place and acknowledging that it's pure free (and rightly so) that is making me sway. If anyone is going through the same struggle I am, please read the following post. It will definitely make you think twice.
http://msplanner.blogspot.com/2007/11/melt-down.html

*************************************************************************************

14 Week ultrasound tomorrow:
And so tomorrow is another ultrasound and the saga continues...will there be two heart beats? Will there be any heart beats? I'm going to hound her more like a mad man and make her answer more questions about the amnio and my chances (even though I know that only the amnio will give me real answers) I want to know more about the triple screen tests and if I can take those as well...knowing full well that they may give me the same poor results.

4 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

One way that I get through the anxiety of wondering about whether they'll keep seeing two heartbeats is by listening to the heartbeats on a doppler about once a week--more often if I'm more nervous. It keeps me more sane and I don't have to worry as much. I bought one online for a little over $100, but you can rent them as well. I'd say it's the best money I've spent in a long while...and I can use it for future pregnancies too! Good luck!

Meg said...

Hoping things went well a you latest u/s.

I am so glad there is someone out there that is not sharing the news early. I have 16 weeks in my head and will certainly wear baggy clothes if I ever get to that point in a pregnancy.

I distinctly remember Planner's post on the amnio. It is tremendously helpful I imagine.

Yvy said...

I'm so hoping that everything went well at your ultrasound, and that all continues to go well with your pregnancy and amnio.

Thinking of you and looking forward to your updates, hope all is well!

x
Yvonne

LuckyOnce said...

I'm with everyone else here when I say that I hope the ultrasound went well. Hope you don't mind, but I tagged you with a friendship award in my blog. :)