
The sushi nuggets grow a bit more. Still 2 heart beats. Both measuring on target.
My symptoms of nausea have returned but no actual tossing of cookies just yet. Just the irritating feeling of being hungry every second of the day but feeling if I eat something I'll hurl. Fun times. Can't wait to see what this is like on vacation with altitude. Still clocking in about 10 hours of sleep a day otherwise I crash and burn. For the time being, the spotting has stopped. The doctor thinks it was reducing the progesterone.
Speaking of altitude. The doctor was asking how high altitude was the area I was planning to visit. It's about 7,500 ft. Now I don't plan to ski or hike or do any of the very brave things I hear the rest of you doing sometimes. I plan on sitting around the lake or in my very comfortable cabin porch and read and relax. But has anyone had any issues with altitude on their trips during the first trimester? I've read everything from it can cause prematurity to it's nothing as long as you don't go over 8,000 feet. I live in a low altitude or sea level area. So this will be somewhat a change for me. Any thoughts are welcomed. My doctor seemed to cautiously say I should be okay. I will not be flying...just driving up there.

6 comments:
What pretty little sushinuggets! Their yolk sacs look so great! I traveled to Ft. Collins in the first trimester and all was well. Not sure of the altitude you are visiting though. My assvice is to take it very easy, and drink lots of water. You'll dehydrate faster up there. Do nothing that is stressful. You probably won't feel like it anyway. I have a feeling your nausea is about to kick in and probably even upgrade. Also, go to Walgreens and buy the PSI, pressure point bracelets. TRY THEM! They may help, and they may certainly help at higher altitudes. They also sell some ginger gum that helped me. Lots of water. Don't forget. Water, water water.
No idea about the altitude, but yay for good ultrasounds! Yay yay yay!
Yeah for the good ultrasound. I knew it would be good.
I am so glad to know that sushinuggets are doing well. Sorry, I don't know much about altitudes either.
Great u/s news! Grows sushinuggets, grow!
Awww, what adorable little nuggets...so pleased to hear that they and their sushimama are doing well.
OK, I'm a kind-of expert on the altitude thing b/c my job used to take me to high altitudes all the time:
1. Do not go over 8K feet, esp. if you live at sea level. Going over 8K when you are not preggers is hard enough on your body.
2. Drink tons of water and G8torade if you go to any altitude over 4K.
3. Watch your heartrate.
4. If you have any doubt about how your body is handling the altitude, drive immediately to a lower altitude. It's the only cure.
Hope you have a good time on your trip!
Post a Comment