Okay I should preface that this post really dates back to last Friday. But because I basically sleep half a day and work the other half I've yet to find the time to post for some reason.
So last Friday I was exactly 10 weeks and I had called my ob/gyn to make an appt. in 2 weeks just like my RE suggested. Well the receptionist insisted I come in the same week Friday to see her because I was already 9 plus weeks. Didn't matter if I had just had an ultrasound on Tues. Again, apparently the way to have more ultrasounds is to not want to have them. I suppose it's the "playing hard to get method" if you will.
To make a long story short I went in and my ob/gyn did the full check up with pap and all, which was a nice reassurance. Both nuggets were still measuring right on target...well maybe a little better than her estimate. She set my due date at April 18th and the nuggets at 9 weeks 6 days. But on my ultrasound pics it measures them as 10 weeks 1 day and 10 weeks 2 days. So I guess overacheiving is always better in this case. Both were moving around so much that she was having a hard time grabbing ones heart beat, but eventually I heard both for the very first time and was instantly brought to tears. It was also the first time I had a tummy ultrasound. When she didn't take out the probe I was thinking...wow you are a confident woman. But she was right and we saw them perfectly.
It was a rather lengthy visit (especially for her who is usually so busy) since I had to update her on all my other losses, medications and such. We talked about genetic testing and I have decided to do the non-invasive testing first since she highly recommends not doing CVS with twins. She says she lost a pair of twins with that test before. So it looks like I'll be doing the scan and then if necessary and amnio. I've been dreading this portion of the pregnancy forever but apparently it's now time. My RE mentioned that new studies show that it's actually more women in their 40's have issues with genetics than women around 35. So let's hope they are right. If I've gone this far with all of this nonsense and there are genetic issues, I don't know what I'd do.
She also had me continue my progesterone (damn) for another week. And so this friday is my graduating day (yet again). I feel like the kid that can't ever seem to get enough credits in college to graduate.
As for symptoms my morning sickness has increased a touch (especially over the weekend) but today (after a major almost losing my cookies incident) I've felt pretty good and was even able to down a salad this evening, which of course scares the crap out of me since "they" meaning the nuggets never let me eat salad. They aren't big veggie eaters yet and I've had to sneak them in here and there and even gag on a few.
On the topic of the white blood cell count, the saga still continues...although so far the score is 2 and 0. Both my RE and my Ob have said that high white blood cell count is common among pregnant women and that these tests mean nothing right now. I still have an appt. with my GP next week to see what her opinion is. I figure it can't hurt even though mr. sushinut feels it's over kill. At this point I'll take whatever blood tests and other tests are necessary to continue to grow the sushi nuggets successfully.
So that's it for now. Hopefully I'll find the energy to post more often...
Hope all is well with everyone else!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It's good to hear you're doing well.
I totally get the salad paranoia. I'm going through a bout of feeling 'well' and 'hungry' today. Perhaps I'll heave this afternoon????
That's great news! (well, except the puking part). I'm glad the Sushibabies are doing so well!
wow - I didn't get to graduate to tummy u/s until 12 weeks! Glad they are overachieving!
Oh sushi, I cried too when I imagined you hearing your little ones' heartbeats. I am so very happy for you. I am glad you are getting to eat a few veggies. I hope that morning sickness is on its way out for you. i'm also glad both your re and ob aren't worried about the white blood cell count. this post just really did my heart good.
Post a Comment