Still no eggy...
Thanks for the far out stories on ovulation days past the CD20's....I've never had a really long cycle either (probably longest was 30...or 35 if you're counting after a D&C) so I had figured that if I did ovulate late it would screw with the luteal phase and I'd have nothing but a BFN to look forward to...but maybe weirder things have happened...
Tick, tick, tick...
On the upside, (so sad that this is my upside these days) I'm going to a work party tonight and apparently I can drink...which I look forward to after the week I've been having...
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, yeah! I have a friend who ovulated on CD 20, and is in her second trimester now. Fingers still crossed.
And have fun at the party. Will you have a martini for me? I would really like it!
Sushilover-
I finally created a blog a month or so ago, so you weren't crazy...back when I first found yours I didn't have one. Listen, if you want to view my crazy chart its at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e81ea. I can't put all of the charts on there..FF only lets you put two on there since I let my membership expire. Anyway, just in case you wanted a visual. I know you love FF.com. Also, search the other charts..you'll find lots with delayed O's somewhere in the 20-40 day range. This sucks royally, and the panic and confusion it generates ain't fun. I'm hoping things will normalize soon for you. And I hope I don't sound annoying like, "this happened to me so it can happen to you...blah blah" I just so want this to happen for you. Big love coming at you!
Concern about late ovulation affecting your luteal phase is one worry you can definitely forget about. The length of your luteal phase is actually completely independent from how early or late you ovulate -- no connection at all. I didn't quite believe it when I heard it, but tracking my own screwy cycles (ranging from 35-120 days!) showed this to be true. Ovulation could be absolutely any time at all, but luteal phase was exactly the same every cycle.
Good luck!
I was about to post something about the lack of correlation between ovulation date and luteal phase length, but Nicky beat me to it.
Enjoy the party!
Post a Comment