Once again everyone thank you so much for the well wishes and advice. Seriously, just keep the suggestions coming because lord knows I don't know what I'm doing. I had a friend ask me before my shower if I'm a "Pampers." mom or a "Huggies." mom. To which I replied, Hell if I know! You pick for me!
My baby ticker says that I have 43 days left which just freaks me out. I've been consistently flipping between fear of premature labor and just wanting this pregnancy done and dusted. I just keep thinking of what "Kate" said in the popular show John.and.Kate.plus.eight, or maybe it was in their book (which I received as a christmas present)...she worked her way through bed rest every day by reminding herself that she at least needs to get to 30 weeks for the sextuplets to be healthy. Of course I'm not carrying 6...but still...getting to the big 3-0 makes me feel a little better.
As of the last peri appt. (at what was it? 27 weeks, 28 weeks) the nuggets continue to be utero superstars and are measuring right on target for their age. The boy nugget weighing in at an approximate 2 pounds 14 ounces. And the girl nugget at approximately 2 pounds 12 ounces. The girl was pretty much hogging the camera the whole time (as any female should) and we got a shot of her face but because the boy was looking directly towards his sister it was difficult to get a shot of his face.
They are both currently in breach position, thus me thanking my ob for already scheduling a c-section. People are still saying a look pretty small for twins but the doctor lovingly said I was just all baby. That's the first time for that! I've never thought I'd be one of those girls that are "just all baby" but hey if that's what he says, who am I to argue!?
At my last OB appt. I also spoke to my dr. about possibly working from home. It freaks me out that a lot of twin moms are on bedrest by now and I'm still hauling my ass to work for a 9-10 hour day. Seriously last week I was thinking I don't know how I was going to get through February. But my OB took it a step further from my thought of starting to work from home in March and said that now was the time that premature labor was a risk...so we negotiated and I'm doing 1/2 days at home starting this week. Which has made me feel soooooooooooo much better.
I've had my 2nd meeting with HR trying to figure out exactly how much time I can take at the most pay possible to which I am still utterly confused, but am thinking that 4 months should be acceptable for twins, and a c-section. I feel a little guilty taking 4 months post birth and not 3 but seriously people...it's twins! I can't just slap them in day care the day they get out of the hospital! If all goes well and they are delivered ala c-section on 3/27 that will make them 37 weeks. Still not entirely full term.
Speaking of premature labor does anyone know if falling can cause premature labor? Yes seriously...I fell today at work tripping over my own feet. I've been so careful lately too because I have stairs in my home and am freaked out about tumbling down them or falling in the shower. But no...I just fall at work in the hallway. Luckily I landed on my left knee (as I did last time) but also last time I started bleeding that night awful clots which led to an emergency scan on Saturdary morning at Dr. frozen embryo's office. All was miraculously okay with the nuggets but what does this do to them at 30 weeks? People were freaked out at work but I seriously felt fine...just a little in shock. They've been moving all evening long and I haven't noticed any cramping (knock on wood). I guess we'll have to wait til tonight if we see an encore of anything major. And of course tonight is the night that mr. sushi nut is staying at his parents. So if I go into labor I'll be driving myself to the hospital.
I have been having a few braxton hicks contractions tonight but those have been usually regular for the past few weeks. At least I think they are braxton hicks since a random bump on my stomach (sometimes on a side or sometimes in the middle) become super stretched and hard. No pain...just a lot of stretching. And then go away a few seconds later.
Also since the last time I posted I had my baby shower. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it might be... games were kept to a minimum and everyone seemed to have a nice lunch. Personally it was just nice to sit back relax and let someone else plan the event for once. We received plenty of great gifts, although there is still much to buy. And best of all we had a diaper raffle where if you brought a pack of diapers you would be entered to win a great prize. And so now sits a towering diaper pile in my soon to be nursery.
Speaking of the nursery it is painted and ready for the carpet to be shampooed which I would like to get done asap so that it can air out for at least a month before they come. But of course wouldn't you know it the few weeks of rain we do get here in California are here now making getting carpets cleaned a disaster with this wet weather.
Other than that we trek along going on tours of day cares. We've seen a few good ones and one that I really like but it's sort of pricey. So I'm getting closer hopefully on a decision. We've chosen a Pediatrician and I'm going to pre-register at the hospital next week. Only thing is that we missed this month's darn hospital tour and so I'll be going next week. I can't really walk very fast or much now so next month should be interesting for a hospital tour. I asked if I could use a wheel chair and they said they'd accomodate. I hate to be the prissy twins pregnant lady but I will seriously be holding up the group if they wait for me to follow...not to mention I just might go into labor due to the walking. Or worse trip...or worse both!
Oh and one final thing we did do was join a local twins club. Looks like we have a darn good one too because these people are the best ever with their advice and what not. Even mr. sushi nut came to a meeting and felt relieved talking to everyone. I'm so happy I found them. The only thing is that mr. sushinut and another member had a brilliant idea of us going over to a newbie twin parents house and helping out to see how it really is to have newborn twins. Unfortunately I'm not a spry 20 weeks pregnant anymore and I really don't know how much I'll be able to do but I'm certainly willing to give it a try.
Other than that I'm just freaking out randomly about anything and everything and trying to refer back to my favorite twin blogs about what their pregnancy was like at 30 weeks. Bare with me...only 7 weeks to go!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I can't believe how close you are!! So exciting!
Keeping you in my thoughts for the next few (few!) weeks :)
Seriously, Pampers for sizes newborn- size 2. Then switch to Luvs. Pampers is the only brand that keeps the poop from shooting up the backside of the baby;-) Fun times! They are more expensive, though, so switch as the kids get older.
You're almost there! Enjoy your rest now:-)
As long as you didn't fall from a height (like down the stairs), your babies should be 100% fine. I'd only really be worried if you were bleeding, cramping, and/or contracting. They're REALLY REALLY well insulated in there--fat (well at least mine are), uterus, amniotic fluid, etc. With a fall this far along you really only need to worry about the placentas, but since there's no bleeding, I wouldn't be worried. You can always (and probably should) mention it to the OB at your next appointment, though. :-) Happy 30 weeks!
Congrats on 30 weeks! I would say that you'll be glad to have a variety of diapers because every kid is differently shaped and some brands work best for girls, some for boys. When D was in about size 2 diapers I switched to the BJ's brand and they've been terrific. I've heard they're not as good for girls though.
Try to get some rest and not stress too much!
So good to hear from you!
I got the J&K+8 book for Christmas, too, from DH, who then read it after me.
I was thinking what you are calling B&H were my babies stretching out, but maybe I need to pay more attention to them. I'm so glad you described what you were feeling.
Welcome to half days! I hope you will enjoy them. I have a hard time not running 'baby errands' during my 'rest' time ;-) But am hoping to become more disciplined now that I've hit 30w.
We are getting so close!
Post a Comment