Seriously, this 3 week lull (if not more) of not blogging, needs to stop. I'm constantly in a state of rushing around getting stuff done or tiredness.
28 weeks this last Friday. Wow...this truly is amazing. I constantly fluctuate between pride that I have two little growing nuggets (and yes I was mistaken in my last post, they were last noted as 1 pound 6 ounces and 1 pound 5 ounces, I should correct) inside me or freaking out that a) there is not enough movement and b) there is two much movement and they are being strangled by their cords. (Yes my latest compulsion...you knew that it was coming).
My baby shower is next weekend and it seems so weird. I always go to baby showers...I don't actually have them! I'm usually the one in the corner drinking her 5th mimosa thinking...yes my outfit is definitely cutest.
Things I'm feeling:
Well I definitely feel the fatigue of the 3rd trimester. For as much energy as I did have a month ago I have far less now. Which makes running around getting the baby stuff done extremely hard.
So far though we've managed to pick up our stroller, 2 car seats, order our nursery furniture, paint the office (which will soon be the nursery), take a bunch of furniture and stuff to storage and even use some credit card rewards to purchase some babiesrus gift cards...but we still have yet to look at any other daycares besides my work's one, which has a waiting list of about 2 years long. Sigh. I think I might have a pediatrician that my ob suggested but it wasn't the greatest suggestion because she didn't seem too enthused about any of them in my group. Swell. And I have no idea if I should splurge on cord banking for twins!
I continue to have this strange sunburn feeling (which all the doctors say is heart burn) half way down the left side of my stomach (seriously...how could that be heart burn right!? it's clearly away from my heart) I'm chalking it up to stretching as well as the sudden intrusive rib pain that I occasionally will get which I'm sure is someone kicking my ribs.
Of course two days ago I awoke with the worst leg cramp ever that I'm still feeling the pain from and am either hobbling to the bathroom or to find a chair to sit down somewhere. I look and feel like I've been hit my a bus. I so wish that I could go on at least partial bedrest right now but at the same time I'd rather not and save the time with the babies later. Which brings me to another worry of why in the world has my doctor not put me on bed rest yet (knocking on wood)? And is this causing some harm to them? My doctor who initially said that she'd like me to stop working starting week 26, has now changed her mind to let me continue as long as everything is going fine since I pretty much sit all day.
My last appointment with her just a week ago, proved that both are still alive and kicking in there...but after a few days my doubts creep back and I find that my weeks are just spent waiting for the next weekend to have a break from the stresses of work or the next doctor's appt. My next peri appt. is on monday with another ultra sound and more measurements. On the good news front, I passed my 1 hour glucose test with flying colors, even after the nurse warned me that I might not, due to the fact I have twins. So yay sushi nuggets! I hear the 3 hour test is no picnic.
Other than that my only noticeable changes is that I'm not feeling very hungry lately (although I've never been ravenous) and that I'm feeling hotter than usual...especially after feeling cold all the beginning of the pregnancy. Oh and also there's the fact that I can't walk for very long, or stand for very long, sit for very long or sleep for very long. Which makes for a very comfortable 3rd trimester. Joy.
Well more news tomorrow when I have my measurements appt. Wish me luck that the nuggets are growing as needed.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I can't believe you are already 28 weeks!
As far as time off, if you can make it, wait until the babies are here. That is my opinion, but it your time off is limited, I am guessing you would prefer to spend it with the babies.
As far as daycare, here is a link to info on how to choose:http://www.naccrra.org/for_parents/. There should also be a link on that site to a service that can give you free information on daycares in your area. If I had more time, I'd look for it for you. Also, check with your friends, they'll give you the real scoop on places.
Well, today's the day of the appointment, so I guess I'm a little late to say good luck! (But, good luck anyway. :)
I remember all those fun leg cramps and stuff. Even when you wait for something like this for a long time, it doesn't really make it easier to put up with the pains. Are you using vitamin E cream on your belly? If not, it might help the "sunburn." Thanks for updating us to let us know that all is well!
It's like we're living the same life ... almost!
I have the sunburn feeling, too. Right underneath my right breast. And it comes and goes. I hadn't mentioned it to my OB, but I imagine it to be a baby's head just stretching up against the inside of my right rib right there and stretching the skin. No way is that heartburn!
I have leg cramps every freaking night. Thankfully, with ankle stretches I have kept them from being the scream out loud as you reach to hold your calf ones, but still, every stinking night.
As for the bedrest, I hope this will put your mind at ease. I have heard its good when your doctor waits until its medically necessary for you instead of just arbitrarily picking a date - i.e. you have some contractions or swelling, etc. I am on half days because my babies are freaking huge. They weighed a little over 2pounds each at their 24-week sono. Compare that to yours!
And lastly, I am in constant worry now. About movement. Sometimes their rolling around in there makes me worry it might be contractions. That's my biggest fear - that I will begin preterm labor and not recognize it until its too late to stop.
Sorry this is so long, but you just talked about so much that's been on my mind lately, and I wanted you to know you aren't alone.
Oh, and let us know what you decide about the cord blood banking. I have been wondering about that, too!
so happy you are feeling the "pains" of the third trimester! I guarantee you, without a doubt, it will FLY by. Have fun, and enjoy the baby shower!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow at the ultrasound...
Grow nuggets! Congrats on getting so far!
Hope your appointment went well last week! I cannot believe you only have 50 days to go! Sounds like you are about to enter a really comfy few months, hah!
Post a Comment