So once again he said he was completely surprised by what he found during the surgery because he really didn't know if he would find anything. His instinct said small septum...but boy was he surprised when he found one quite larger than he imagined. He was very excited because otherwise he said there really wasn't much that he could hang his hat on. He went on to show me the step by step pics on the handiwork inside me. Before big fat septum and after shots. I saw a pic of both of my tubes and then the big wall of doom as I'm referring to now. It was big...fat...and white (as he pointed out..because there was no blood in the septum...thus the reason my little embys couldn't be nourished...hmmm makes sense). He said the septum could be categorized as a mid sized one...not a huge buick...but not small a small compact by any means. He said it took up about 1/4 of my uterus. If I trusted myself to remember, I would have asked him dimensions like I know some gals do, but quite honestly I knew I would have dates and other numbers to remember and didn't want to bother.
After the ultrasound we went in his office to talk about THE PLAN, (his words not mine). I loved the fact that he had one...and hoped it was better than the one I've been toting around as of late.
So basically this is the bottom line: I'm still young (God bless him for thinking so), and I obviously can get pregnant. I eagerly piped in reminding him that the first time only took the first month trying (hey it's my only claim to fame thus far and I'm milking it...I feel like that washed up gymnast who won a bronze in 1984 and still totes it around as if it were yesterday...even though it's been like 20 years).
Step 1: Because it was a midsized sedan..or err septum he recommends I go in for another HSG just to make sure everything is clear (great...more dye up the yoohoo) since sometimes if it's rather large they want to make sure everything is gone. I am to call the office to set up the HSG as soon as I start my next cycle (here we go again with the black slacks - look ma can't even see the dye leakage).
Step 2: If everything looks good I can go ahead and try again the same month as the HSG (April). Wow. I asked if this was safe with all the dye hanging around and he said yes perfectly...it's just fluid and does not affect anything...if anything it's even more recommended because they know that they've just checked to make sure nothing has grown back or is still formed.
Step 3: I am to track my ovulation with my fertility monitor (note to self order more pee sticks) and call to set up a progesterone test about a week after ovulation (just for good measure)...and try try again. If after 2-3 months of trying after this first month I'm not PG yet, we'll meet again to see if there's some way he can encourage a faster outcome (aka more big bucks). Ovaries and Ute...if you're listening you better behave...because if I have to pay for an IVF cycle I'm going to kick some major ass.
Things I forgot to ask about and will ask next time I call in:
- What about the baby aspirin? Do I go on that again?
- Can I start going to the gym now? I'm assuming this is okay if I don't over do it, the surgery center said it would be fine after a couple of days.
- Intercourse? I'm going to wait 2 weeks as suggested by the surgery center.
He seemed very matter of fact and quite optimistic and if I'm not mistaken a little excited even. If this works I will love this man forever.
So until then here's my plan:
- Lose 10 pounds this month and continue until I get pg. (thus the gym question and the new ticker)
- Get out the CBEFM and dust off
- Buy more pee sticks
- Make an appt. to get my hair colored (just in case all this crazy talk does work, I don't want to be caught looking toe up).
- Continue reading my fertility diet book and load up on the green tea (decaf of course), grapefruit juice and kelp. Yum.

7 comments:
Hi! My RE says you have a higher chance of getting pg the month of an hsg b/c everything has been cleared out from the dye! Good luck! Oh...and you might want to add some robitussin to you shopping list, too.
Your RE sounds like a good one. I'm glad he seems so positive and optimistic (and has a plan -- plans are great). And *your* plan sounds great too. Good luck!!!
Congrats on your newly remodelled uterus :)
Hey, what a great plan! I'm glad you have a good doc, and an optimistic one.
The Olympic Gymnast comment made me laugh out loud. Hope you can update your bragging rights real soon.
I'm glad that you've got such a positive and optimistic RE with a plan! You're plan does sound great!
Yay for remodelled uties! :) Glad the follow up was good!
Because everyone needs a distraction: http://ourboxofrain.blogspot.com/2008/03/maybe-ill-actually-finish-it-now.html
If you're sticking to your plan, I'm guessing I know what the closest book is :)
Post a Comment